- Dinner : open daily
- 17:00 – 20:30 (last seating)
- Sunday Brunch : open every first Sunday of the month
- 10:00 – 13: 00 (last seating)
- Menu : please see PDF
- Bar counter seating is not available … until further notice
Information to customers
- Our customers’ and employees’ safety is of utmost importance to us. In order to secure safe and healthy dining environment for
- everyone, we will be implementing service guideline based on City & County of Honolulu’s orders. We would like to ask for your
- understanding and cooperation these inconveniences may case.
- - Valet parking is available for our guests’ convenience. However; if you prefer to park on your own, our valet will be happy to escort you to available parking stall;
- - Guests must wear face coverings at all times within the restaurant facility, except when eating or drinking. .
We will provide a mask if a guest does not have one on their possession.
- - We are encouraging guests to use sanitizer which is available at the restaurant entrance.
- - We are practicing social distancing. Tables will be spaced 6 feet apart from other parties and/or tables.
- - We may deny entry to customers with high fever or who may not be feeling well. Please allow us to take your temperature using noncontact thermometer at the entrance of the restaurant.
(We may respectfully refuse entrance to guests with temperature above 100.0 degrees Fahrenheit.)
- - Restaurant staffs will be wearing face mask to serve our guests.;
- - We will be wiping common areas and furniture/fixtures frequently with disinfectant.;
- - One person from each group/table must provide their full name, address, and phone number for use in contact tracing efforts. This information will be confidential and for 28 days.;
- - We must cease service and consumption of liquor before 10:00 p.m. Our last call is currently at 9:30pm and will “pull” all liquor at 9:50pm.;
- - Dining is limited to a maximum of five (5) family or household members per group
- We ask for your kind understanding and cooperation.
- Please contact Michel’s for any questions.
Michel’s at the Colony Surf
Michel’s Take-out & Mother's day Special Take-out
Pick up: 5:00 PM ~ 8:30 PM (Phone Hours 2:00PM ~ 8:00PM)
Special menu for take-out : please see PDF
Mother's day information: Pick up available on Sunday, May 9th, 2021 from 10am to 8pm
(*only Mother's day special menu available)
Payment will be made by credit card and cash only
Days to order:
By phone only (808) 923-6552
Orders must be emailed by 12am midnight for next day pick up
Please provide food order, name, date and time of pick up & phone number
By E-mail only email@example.com
Details on the take-out service is subject to change.
Pick up at Michel's at the Colony Surf Drive-Thru
*Credit Card Pre-payment over the phone required
*For quick drive-thru with cash payment, please inform us of the bill denomination for change
Please call us upon your arrival at the building's visitor parking and we will bring it to your car.
Please provide make, model and color of your vehicle.
The dining experience that
captivates the hearts of visitors from all over the world
With personalized service and hospitality,we best exemplify the spirit of Aloha.
Come join us for a romantic dinner on the shores of Kaimana Beach.
Michel’s First Sunday Brunch & 2021 Mother's day Sunday Brunch
- Michel’s First Sunday Brunch
Michel’s First Sunday Brunch
An elegant time spent viewing the crystal blue sea with Champagne cocktail in your hand.
Brunch at Michel’s is just a few steps away from the bustle of Waikiki. An once a month blissful moment spent the special one.
May 9th Mother's day
Reservation: 10:00am – 1:30 (last seating)
Michel’s Sunday Brunch $63
Tax & Gratuity not included
Special Beverage Menu
Special Mimosa cocktail (5 kinds) $10
Bloody Mary will be table side $12
Tax & Gratuity not included
Michel’s at the Colony Surf has been the definition of fine dining in Honolulu since 1962. Our beachfront location on the most intimate strip of pristine sand in Waikiki has inspired romance for generations.
Legendary restaurateur and host Michel Martin, known for sharing fine French cuisine with Hawaii, opened Michel’s during World War II in my hometown of Wahiawa, near Schofield Barracks. In 1962, Michel’s moved to the then-new Colony Surf Hotel on the quiet end of Kalakaua Avenue near Diamond Head where it has resided ever since.
We paired Hawaiian hospitality and top-notch service with Chef Hardy’s classic European menu to create an experience that continues to attract guests we now call part of our family, our ohana.
Whether they’re celebrating a birthday, wedding anniversary or just stopping by for a weekday dinner, my greatest joy is in welcoming our friends back because I know the memories from that night were created with us.
General Manager, Michel’s at the Colony Surf
I learned early in my career that the best dishes always began by using the best ingredients, sourced sustainably and locally. Taking inspiration from classic French and European preparations, which often emphasize the quality and flavor of seasonal produce and seafood, I have crafted a menu that is uniquely Michel’s at the Colony Surf.
My seasonal six-course pre fixe dinner takes full advantage of our islands’ bounty and marries it beautifully with Big Island abalone, Kauai prawns and Kunoa beef among other proteins to create the Taste of Michel’s.
An important part of our identity lies in our signature tableside service. We are proudly one of the few remaining restaurants that continue to offer tableside dishes including our lobster bisque with fresh Maine lobster flamed with cognac and our essential dessert, the Hawaiian apple banana flambe finished with dark rum.
Oenophiles will appreciate our extensive wine list, which we seasonally update with the help of Hawaii’s esteemed Master Sommeliers to ensure there is always something expertly paired with your meal.
I warmly invite you to see difference that sets Michel’s apart when it comes to haute European cuisine prepared with island flair.
Eberhard “Hardy” Kintscher
Executive Chef, Michel’s at the Colony Surf
LOBSTER BISQUE A LA MICHEL'S
Michel’s Famous Lobster Bisque
Our signature lobster bisque is a 48-hour labor of love for each sumptuous batch.
Starting with live lobsters flown from Maine, we utilize every part of the crustacean in this laborious practice. A stock made from onaga (red snapper) bones is prepared to serve as the base of the bisque. Lobster shells are then crushed and strained to impart that unique briny burst of flavor to each bite. We then use Rice to bind the stock to the lobster resulting in an exquisite velvety texture. The lobster bisque is then carted out and finished tableside with a dazzling flambe of lobster meat in cognac. Exquisite!
MENU: $130 WINE PAIRING: $40 PREMIUM WINE PAIRING: $80
Wine at Michel’s
Michel’s regularly consults with Hawaii’s three Master Sommeliers to curate an impressive array of labels and varietals spanning the best wine-making regions worldwide. From highly allocated Bordeaux and Burgundy to easy drinking roses, we have more than 200 assorts of wine and our extensive collection is perfect for any occasion.
Our wines are expertly paired with our signature dishes and chef’s specialty menus. Whether you prefer old world or new world, our knowledgeable staff will be able to recommend the perfect wine to match your palate or offer you something completely unexpected. We continually enhance our selections based on seasonality.
Our full bar also features rare Japanese whiskies as well as a complete cocktail offering. Bar manager, Cristian Carvallo has masterfully crafted an impressive rotating cocktail menu that includes our signature tableside presentations.
- Endless Summer ・ 14
- Rose of Pinot Noir, Chareau Aloe Liquor, Fresh Lime, Agave,
topped with Soda Water, Thyme, Fresh Herbs.
- The Chameleon ・ 15
- Michel’s deconstructed ‘Gin & Tonic’,
Empress 1908 Gin poured tableside with a color-changing show, Over ice with Fever Tree Elderflower Tonic Water, Served tall, garnished with lime.
- Hibiscus Martini ・ 15
- Hangar 1 Rose Vodka with St. Germain & Club Soda,
Poured Tableside from Side Car, Garnished with Candied Hibiscus Flower and Lemon Twist
- Makawao Mule ・ 16
- Pressed Lemons and Fresh Ginger with Lilikoi Syrup,
Pau Maui Vodka; Finished with Ginger Beer.
- Campfire Manhattan ・ 18
- High West Whiskey “Campfire”, Monte Negro Amaro, Carpano Antica & Bitters,
Served Up in a Smoked Martini Glass
- Sunset Daiquiri ・ 12
- Skyy Tropical Mango Vodka Blended with Mango-Puree; Accented with Strawberry Infused Syrup
- Blue Hummingbird ・ 14
- St. Germain Elderflower, Dry White Wine & Club Soda;
Poured at Your Table Over Blueberry Ice Cubes
- Yuzu Lemon Drop ・ 14
- Fresh Squeeze Lemons, Suntory’s Haku Japanese Rice Vodka, & Joto Yuzu, Served Up with a Sugar Rim and Lemon Twist"
- SMOKED MEZCALITA ・ 20
- Xicaru Silver Mezcal, Cointreau, Fresh Lime Squeeze,
Orange Bitters, Tajin Rim, Shaken and Poured over ice, Smoked and Presented Tableside.
- Michel’s proudly sources many of its ingredients from these local farmers and purveyors
- Big Island Goat Dairy cheese
- Manoa Honey Company honey
- Hirabara Greens and Vegetables from Kamuela
- Kunoa Beef Cattle Company from Kauai
- Hubyba Mohamed, herbs and garnishes from Oahu
- J. Ludovico Free Range Chicken from Haleiwa
- KonaAbalone from Big Island Abalone
- Armstrong produce
- Peterson’s Upland Farm eggs from Wahiawa
Michel’s at the Colony Surf
OPEN FOR DINNER AT 5:30PM SEVEN DAYS A WEEK
CALL(808) 923-6552 OR PLACE RESERVATIONS ONLINE
2895 Kalakaua Ave Honolulu, HI 96815
Phone: (808) 923-6552 / Fax: (808) 926-6063
*FOR RESERVATION, PLEASE CALL (808)923-6552
OR CLICK ON: "PLACE RESERVATIONS ONLINE".
Michel’s is available for celebrations of many sizes with dining or lunch options that range from private, semi-private, and full or partial buyouts. Our special events manager is on hand to assist you with menu customization and wine pairings in addition to facilitating details such as decor and entertainment.
An event reservation is recommended for parties of 15 or more guests.
Please contact us at:
Call: (808) 923-6552
We offer several alternative menus for group functions. Before calling, you may wish to become familiar with them. Click on the links below to downlo ad the menus in PDF format:
Gift Certificates and Special Billings are available at Michel’s Restaurant.
Treat a loved one, friend or yourself to celebrate that special occasion.Create a memory that lasts a lifetime with the ambiance, service and culinary delicacies deserved!
Gift Certificates can be made in any denomination starting from $50 or larger. We are happy to mail a Gift Certificate anywhere in the USA.
Our Special Billing allows you to truly orchestrate the dining experience. Arrange a detailed purchase from a single item (like a bottle of Champagne or Caviar) to the complete bill; Special Billing includes tax and gratuity as well, to ensure the full dinning adventure without worry.