The dining experience that
captivates the hearts of visitors from all over the world
With personalized service and hospitality,we best exemplify the spirit of Aloha.
Come join us for a romantic dinner on the shores of Kaimana Beach.
Michel’s First Sunday Brunch
- Michel’s First Sunday Brunch
Michel’s First Sunday Brunch
An elegant time spent viewing crystal blue sea with Champagne cocktail on one hand.
Brunch at Michel’s is just few steps away from the bustle from Waikiki. An once a month blissful moment spent the special one.
May 3rd (Sunday)
May 10th (Sunday) “Mother’s day Brunch”
June 7th (Sunday) 2020
Reservation: 10:00AM – 1:00PM (Last seating)
Michel’s Sunday Brunch $60
Tax & Gratuity not included
Special Beverage Menu
Special Mimosa cocktail (5 kinds) $10
Bloody Mary will be table side $12
Tax & Gratuity not included
Announcement regarding renovation
To our valued customers
Michel's will be closed from March 16, 2020 to April 01, 2020 for dining room renovation.
We are looking forward to serving you at renewed dining atmosphere after the renovation work is completed.
“The dining experience Captivates the hearts of visitors from all over the world”
Michel's General Manager
Michel’s Take Out Service
Michel’s Take Out Service
Dear Valued Customers,
Let a touch of the Fine Dining Experience continue despite this difficult time.
Michel’s has been serving the people of Hawaii and many others around the world for 50 plus years, and we continue to be at your service.
In an effort to keep the romance of fine dining alive, starting April 02, 2020, Michel's will begin a take-out service of special select items from our menu;
And we have added more favorites.
Michel’s Take-Out Information
Opening hour：12:00 PM to 7:00 PM
Closed on Tuesdays & Wednesdays
payment will be made by credit card and cash only
Days to order:
By phone only (808) 923-6552 (11:00AM to 6:30PM)
Orders must be emailed by 12am midnight for next day pick up
Please provide food order, name, date and time of pick up & phone number
By E-mail only email@example.com
Pick up at Michel's at the Colony Surf Drive-Thru
*Credit Card Pre-payment over the phone required
*For quick drive-thru with cash payment, please inform us of the bill denomination for change
Please call us upon your arrival at the building's visitor parking and we will bring it to your car.
Please provide make, model and color of your vehicle.
Michel’s at the Colony Surf has been the definition of fine dining in Honolulu since 1962. Our beachfront location on the most intimate strip of pristine sand in Waikiki has inspired romance for generations. From fireworks on Friday evenings to the weekly harmonic slack key performances of Grammy Award-winning Jeff Peterson, Michel’s is the quintessential experience for those wishing to celebrate life’s special occasions.
Legendary restaurateur and host Michel Martin, known for sharing fine French cuisine with Hawaii, opened Michel’s during World War II in my hometown of Wahiawa, near Schofield Barracks. In 1962, Michel’s moved to the then-new Colony Surf Hotel on the quiet end of Kalakaua Avenue near Diamond Head where it has resided ever since.
We paired Hawaiian hospitality and top-notch service with Chef Hardy’s classic European menu to create an experience that continues to attract guests we now call part of our family, our ohana.
Whether they’re celebrating a birthday, wedding anniversary or just stopping by for a weekday dinner, my greatest joy is in welcoming our friends back because I know the memories from that night were created with us.
General Manager, Michel’s at the Colony Surf
I learned early in my career that the best dishes always began by using the best ingredients, sourced sustainably and locally. Taking inspiration from classic French and European preparations, which often emphasize the quality and flavor of seasonal produce and seafood, I have crafted a menu that is uniquely Michel’s at the Colony Surf.
My seasonal six-course pre fixe dinner takes full advantage of our islands’ bounty and marries it beautifully with Big Island abalone, Kauai prawns and Kunoa beef among other proteins to create the Taste of Michel’s.
An important part of our identity lies in our signature tableside service. We are proudly one of the few remaining restaurants that continue to offer tableside dishes including our lobster bisque with fresh Maine lobster flamed with cognac and our essential dessert, the Hawaiian apple banana flambe finished with dark rum.
Oenophiles will appreciate our extensive wine list, which we seasonally update with the help of Hawaii’s esteemed Master Sommeliers to ensure there is always something expertly paired with your meal.
I warmly invite you to see difference that sets Michel’s apart when it comes to haute European cuisine prepared with island flair.
Eberhard “Hardy” Kintscher
Executive Chef, Michel’s at the Colony Surf
LOBSTER BISQUE A LA MICHEL'S
Michel’s Famous Lobster Bisque
Our signature lobster bisque is a 48-hour labor of love for each sumptuous batch.
Starting with live lobsters flown from Maine, we utilize every part of the crustacean in this laborious practice. A stock made from onaga (red snapper) bones is prepared to serve as the base of the bisque. Lobster shells are then crushed and strained to impart that unique briny burst of flavor to each bite. We then use Rice to bind the stock to the lobster resulting in an exquisite velvety texture. The lobster bisque is then carted out and finished tableside with a dazzling flambe of lobster meat in cognac. Exquisite!
- ICED HARVEST OF THE SEA
- A Refreshing Chilled Appetizer Generous Enough for Two; Featuring King Crab, Maine Lobster,
Abalone, Ahi Poke, Hamachi & Ahi Sashimi, Oysters, Prawns, & Spanish Galician Octopus
- BLUE CRAB CAKES
- Served with Fennel Cream, Black Bean Sauce, Tomato Coulis & Tropical Fruit Relish
- HELIX ESCARGOTS BOURGOGNE
- Half a Dozen French Snails Baked in Michel’s Famous Herbed Garlic Butter
- WARM SEAFOOD SALAD
- Alaskan King Crab Leg, Maine Lobster, Diver Scallop, & Big Island Baby Abalone;
Pan-Sauteed in Tarragon Vin Blanc; Arranged Over Baby Spinach, Enoki Mushroom,
Grapefruit & Orange Segments with Citrus Vinaigrette
- MICHEL'S CAESER SALAD ★
- Hirabara Farms Baby Romaine, Hearts of Palm &
Croutons Toasted in Our Classic Creamy Dressing;
Anchovy Filets Served on Request.
- STEAK TARTARE ★
- Raw Ground Prime Beef Tenderloin with Sweet Maui Onions Prepared in Our Signature Style
★ … tableside service menu
- SEAFOOD CIOPPINO
- Mussels, Clams, Fresh Island Fish, Spanish Galician Octopus,
Maine Lobster & Prawns in a Hearty Tomato Broth; served with Garlic Bread
- MICHEL'S OCEAN BOUNTY
- A Seafood Assortment of Diver Scallops; Kauai Prawns; Blackened Ahi with Mango Aioli & Tropical Fruit Relish; Grilled Island Fish; Baked Tristan Lobster Tail & Sautéed Big Island Abalone on Spaghetti Squash with Lemon & Roasted Macadamia Nut Butter
- FRESH LIVE MAINE LOBSTER ★
- Live Large Maine Lobster Presented Tableside cooked and grilled to perfection. Flambéed with French Cognac.
- CLASSIC STEAK DIANE ★
- Beef Tenderloin Flamed in Cognac with Sautéed Assorted Mushrooms; Finished with
Creamy Mushroom Mustard Sauce
- NEW YORK BONE-IN CAFE DE PARIS
- Dry-Aged Angus Beef Served with Steak Fries, Sauteed Mushrooms, Haricot Verts,
Crisp Fried Onions & Cabernet Demi Glace
- ROASTED LAMB CHOPS
- Served on Creamy Italian Gorgonzola Polenta, Sauteed Spinach & Oven Roasted Herbed Tomato; With Port Wine Demi Glace & Fresh English Mint Sauce
- CHATEAUBRIAND FOR TWO WITH SAUCE BÉARNAISE ★
- Center Cut of Beef Tenderloin Grilled and Oven Roasted, Served with Sauce Bearnaise, Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Porcini Mushrooms, Grilled Vegetables and Baked Herb Tomato.
★ … Tableside service menu
- TAHITIAN VANILLA CRÈME BRÛLÉE
- With Fresh Berries
- WARM CINNAMON APPLE TART
- Thinly Sliced Apples Baked in Puff Pastry; Topped with Cinnamon Gelato
- CHERRIES JUBILEE (minimum of two orders) ★
- Fresh Bing Cherries Infused in Cognac & Amaretto; Served with Vanilla Gelato & Chocolate Shavings
- CRÊPES SUZETTE (minimum of two orders) ★
- Delicate Crêpes in a Grand Marnier Reduction; Served with Vanilla Gelato & Strawberries
★ … Tableside service menu
CHEF HARDY'S TASTE OF MICHEL'S $100 ++ WITH WINE PAIRINGS $140 ++
Wine at Michel’s
Michel’s regularly consults with Hawaii’s three Master Sommeliers to curate an impressive array of labels and varietals spanning the best wine-making regions worldwide. From highly allocated Bordeaux and Burgundy to easy drinking roses, we have more than 200 assorts of wine and our extensive collection is perfect for any occasion.
Our wines are expertly paired with our signature dishes and chef’s specialty menus. Whether you prefer old world or new world, our knowledgeable staff will be able to recommend the perfect wine to match your palate or offer you something completely unexpected. We continually enhance our selections based on seasonality.
Our full bar also features rare Japanese whiskies as well as a complete cocktail offering. Bar manager, Cristian Carvallo has masterfully crafted an impressive rotating cocktail menu that includes our signature tableside presentations.
- The Green Flash ・ 14
- RumHaven Coconut Rum,
Midori Melon Liquor with a splash of Pineapple Purée, Shaken and Served over ice.
- The Chameleon ・ 15
- Michel’s deconstructed ‘Gin & Tonic’,
Empress 1908 Gin poured tableside with a color-changing show, Over ice with Fever Tree Elderflower Tonic Water, Served tall, garnished with lime.
- Hibiscus Martini ・ 15
- Hangar 1 Rose Vodka with St. Germain & Club Soda,
Poured Tableside from Side Car, Garnished with Candied Hibiscus Flower and Lemon Twist
- Makawao Mule ・ 16
- Pressed Lemons and Fresh Ginger with Lilikoi Syrup,
Pau Maui Vodka; Finished with Ginger Beer.
- Campfire Manhattan ・ 18
- High West Whiskey “Campfire”, Monte Negro Amaro, Carpano Antica & Bitters,
Served Up in a Smoked Martini Glass
- Sunset Daiquiri ・ 12
- Skyy Tropical Mango Vodka Blended with Mango-Puree; Accented with Strawberry Infused Syrup
- Blue Hummingbird ・ 14
- St. Germain Elderflower, Dry White Wine & Club Soda;
Poured at Your Table Over Blueberry Ice Cubes
- Yuzu Lemon Drop ・ 14
- Fresh Squeeze Lemons, Suntory’s Haku Japanese Rice Vodka, & Joto Yuzu, Served Up with a Sugar Rim and Lemon Twist"
- SMOKED MEZCALITA ・ 20
- Xicaru Silver Mezcal, Cointreau, Fresh Lime Squeeze,
Orange Bitters, Tajin Rim, Shaken and Poured over ice, Smoked and Presented Tableside.
- Michel’s proudly sources many of its ingredients from these local farmers and purveyors
- Big Island Goat Dairy cheese
- Manoa Honey Company honey
- Hirabara Greens and Vegetables from Kamuela
- Kunoa Beef Cattle Company from Kauai
- Hubyba Mohamed, herbs and garnishes from Oahu
- J. Ludovico Free Range Chicken from Haleiwa
- KonaAbalone from Big Island Abalone
- Armstrong produce
- Peterson’s Upland Farm eggs from Wahiawa
- Q : When are you open?
- A : We are open for dinner 7 nights a week starting at 5:30pm.
We are also open for brunch from 10am-1pm on Mother’s Day, Easter Sunday and on every first Sunday of the month. Sunday through Thursday we take our last reservation at 9pm and Friday and Saturday at 9:30pm.We are closed on Christmas Day.
- Q : Do you have a dress code?
- A : Guests generally wear "Aloha Formal" or resort/business casual and closed toe shoes. Jackets are not required.
***NO beach attire: No tank top or t-shirts or rubber sandals please***
- Q : Do you have music entertainment?
- A : We have live music most evenings. Please call us for specific entertainers and genre.
- Q : Can you accommodate customers with food allergies?
- A : Our kitchen staff is happy to accommodate customers with food allergies or if you have specific food preferences.
Please let your waiter know and we will create a special menu for you to enjoy.
- Q : Do you have parking?
- A : We have complimentary valet parking. Turn into our driveway and continue towards the building entrance where you will see the valet.
Michel’s at the Colony Surf
OPEN FOR DINNER AT 5:30PM SEVEN DAYS A WEEK
CALL(808) 923-6552 OR PLACE RESERVATIONS ONLINE
2895 Kalakaua Ave Honolulu, HI 96815
Phone: (808) 923-6552 / Fax: (808) 926-6063
*FOR RESERVATION, PLEASE CALL (808)923-6552
OR CLICK ON: "PLACE RESERVATIONS ONLINE".
Michel’s is available for celebrations of many sizes with dining or lunch options that range from private, semi-private, and full or partial buyouts. Our special events manager is on hand to assist you with menu customization and wine pairings in addition to facilitating details such as decor and entertainment.
An event reservation is recommended for parties of 15 or more guests.
Please contact us at:
Call: (808) 728-3463
We offer several alternative menus for group functions. Before calling, you may wish to become familiar with them. Click on the links below to downlo ad the menus in PDF format: