- Dinner : open daily
- 17:00 – 21:00 (last seating)
- Sunday Brunch : open every first Sunday of the month
- 10:00 – 13: 00 (last seating)
- Menu : please see PDF
- Bar counter seating is not available … until further notice
The dining experience that
captivates the hearts of visitors from all over the world
With personalized service and hospitality,we best exemplify the spirit of Aloha.
Come join us for a romantic dinner on the shores of Kaimana Beach.
Michel’s First Sunday Brunch
- Michel’s First Sunday Brunch
Michel’s First Sunday Brunch
An elegant time spent viewing the crystal blue sea with Champagne cocktail in your hand.
Brunch at Michel’s is just a few steps away from the bustle of Waikiki. An once a month blissful moment spent the special one.
February 4th (First Sunday Brunch)
March 3rd (First Sunday Brunch)
April 7th (First Sunday Brunch)
May 5th (First Sunday Brunch)
June 2nd (First Sunday Brunch)
Reservation: 10:00am – 1:30 (last seating)
Michel’s Sunday Brunch $66
Tax & Gratuity not included
Special Beverage Menu
Special Mimosa cocktail (5 kinds) $10
Bloody Mary will be table side $12
Tax & Gratuity not included
Michel’s at the Colony Surf has been the definition of fine dining in Honolulu since 1962. Our beachfront location on the most intimate strip of pristine sand in Waikiki has inspired romance for generations.
Legendary restaurateur and host Michel Martin, known for sharing fine French cuisine with Hawaii, opened Michel’s during World War II in my hometown of Wahiawa, near Schofield Barracks. In 1962, Michel’s moved to the then-new Colony Surf Hotel on the quiet end of Kalakaua Avenue near Diamond Head where it has resided ever since.
We paired Hawaiian hospitality and top-notch service with Chef Hardy’s classic European menu to create an experience that continues to attract guests we now call part of our family, our ohana.
Whether they’re celebrating a birthday, wedding anniversary or just stopping by for a weekday dinner, my greatest joy is in welcoming our friends back because I know the memories from that night were created with us.
Maitre d’hotel, Michel’s at the Colony Surf
I learned early in my career that the best dishes always began by using the best ingredients, sourced sustainably and locally. Taking inspiration from classic French and European preparations, which often emphasize the quality and flavor of seasonal produce and seafood, I have crafted a menu that is uniquely Michel’s at the Colony Surf.
My seasonal six-course pre fixe dinner takes full advantage of our island’s bounty and marries it beautifully with locally produced products from Big Island Abalone, Hirabara Farms, Kauai Prawns, Peterson Farm’s eggs and many others to create the Taste of Michel’s.
An important part of our identity lies in our signature tableside service. We are proudly one of the few remaining restaurants that continue to offer tableside dishes including our lobster bisque with fresh Maine lobster flamed with cognac and our essential dessert, the Hawaiian apple banana flambe finished with dark rum.
Oenophiles will appreciate our extensive wine list, which we seasonally update with the help of Hawaii’s esteemed Master Sommeliers to ensure there is always something expertly paired with your meal.
I warmly invite you to see difference that sets Michel’s apart when it comes to haute European cuisine prepared with island flair.
Eberhard “Hardy” Kintscher
Executive Chef, Michel’s at the Colony Surf
LOBSTER BISQUE A LA MICHEL'S
Michel’s Famous Lobster Bisque
Our signature lobster bisque is a 48-hour labor of love for each sumptuous batch.
Starting with live lobsters flown from Maine, we utilize every part of the crustacean in this laborious practice. A stock made from onaga (red snapper) bones is prepared to serve as the base of the bisque. Lobster shells are then crushed and strained to impart that unique briny burst of flavor to each bite. We then use Rice to bind the stock to the lobster resulting in an exquisite velvety texture. The lobster bisque is then carted out and finished tableside with a dazzling flambe of lobster meat in cognac. Exquisite!
WINE PAIRING: $40
PREMIUM WINE PAIRING: $80
Wine at Michel’s
Michel’s regularly consults with Hawaii’s three Master Sommeliers to curate an impressive array of labels and varietals spanning the best wine-making regions worldwide. From highly allocated Bordeaux and Burgundy to easy drinking roses, we have more than 200 assorts of wine and our extensive collection is perfect for any occasion.
Our wines are expertly paired with our signature dishes and chef’s specialty menus. Whether you prefer old world or new world, our knowledgeable staff will be able to recommend the perfect wine to match your palate or offer you something completely unexpected. We continually enhance our selections based on seasonality.
Our full bar also features rare Japanese whiskies as well as a complete cocktail offering. Bar manager, Cristian Carvallo has masterfully crafted an impressive rotating cocktail menu that includes our signature tableside presentations.
- Yuzu Lemondrop ・ 16
- Suntory's Haku Japanese rice vodka, fresh lemon, lemon demerara, lemon bitters, Joto yuzu sake; served up with a sugar rim & lemon twist
- Green Flash ・ 15
- Koloa Kauai coconut rum, midori melon liquor, pineapple juice & coconut syrup, served up with a amarena cherry
- Sunset Daiquiri ・ 12
- New Amsterdam mango vodka blended with mango-puree; accented with strawberry infused syrup
- Margarita Fresca ・ 20
- Tanteo jalapeno tequila, fresh muddled cucumber, lime juice, orange bitters, mint demerara, grand marnier float Tajin & jalapeno salted rim
- Makawao Mule ・ 16
- Pau Maui pineapple vodka, pressed lemon, ginger & lilikoi syrup, finished with fever tree ginger beer; served in a signature copper mug
- Blue Hummingbird ・ 16
- Poema brut Cava, St. Germain elderflower liquor, lavenderyrup & soda water, poured tableside over a butterfly peaflower cube
- Smoked Old Fashion ・ 22
- Whistle pig "piggyback" rye, housemade demerara, angoustura aromatic bitters, reagans orange bitters, stirred & strained over a craft king cube & smoked in our tableside smoke box
- The Chameleon ・ 17
- Michel's deconstructed 'gin & tonic'; Empress 1908 gin, poured tableside for a color changing show; over craft ice with fever tree elderflower tonic water
- Hibiscus Martini ・ 16
- Hangar 1 rose vodka, St. Germain & club soda; poured tableside from a side car; garnished with a candied hibiscus flower & lemon twist
- Michel’s proudly sources many of its ingredients from these local farmers and purveyors
Michel’s at the Colony Surf
OPEN FOR DINNER AT 5:30PM SEVEN DAYS A WEEK
CALL(808) 923-6552 OR PLACE RESERVATIONS ONLINE
2895 Kalakaua Ave Honolulu, HI 96815
Phone: (808) 923-6552 / Fax: (808) 926-6063
*FOR RESERVATION, PLEASE CALL (808)923-6552
OR CLICK ON: "PLACE RESERVATIONS ONLINE".
Michel’s is available for celebrations of many sizes with dining or lunch options that range from private, semi-private, and full or partial buyouts. Our special events manager is on hand to assist you with menu customization and wine pairings in addition to facilitating details such as decor and entertainment.
An event reservation is recommended for parties of 15 or more guests.
Please contact us at:
Call: (808) 923-6552
We offer several alternative menus for group functions. Before calling, you may wish to become familiar with them. Click on the links below to downlo ad the menus in PDF format:
Gift Certificates and Special Billings are available at Michel’s Restaurant.
Treat a loved one, friend or yourself to celebrate that special occasion.Create a memory that lasts a lifetime with the ambiance, service and culinary delicacies deserved!
Gift Certificates can be made in any denomination starting from $50 or larger. We are happy to mail a Gift Certificate anywhere in the USA.
Our Special Billing allows you to truly orchestrate the dining experience. Arrange a detailed purchase from a single item (like a bottle of Champagne or Caviar) to the complete bill; Special Billing includes tax and gratuity as well, to ensure the full dinning adventure without worry.
MICHEL’S DRESS CODE: SMART CASUAL
• Aloha wear • Dress/Chino long pants • Dark, tailored jeans • Slacks • Dress shirts • Button-down shirts • Blouses • Polo shirts • Blazers and coats (optional) • Blouses • Co-ords • Dresses • Toes covering shoes/pumps shoes
• Tee Shirts • Shorts • Slippers / Flip Flops / Thongs sandals • Caps/ Beanies • Torn jeans
• Tank tops • Swim wear • Clothing with inappropriate language/Characters • Dirty/ wrinkled clothing • Gym wear